|Home||City Govt||Governing Body||Residents||Visitors||Meeting Info||Forms|
Josephine Velasquez, Director
Tracy Naranjo, Activities Coordinator
Address: 735 Vietnam Veterans Road, Española, NM 87532
Director’s Phone: (505) 747-6027
Activities Phone: (505) 747-6079
Fitness Phone: (505) 747-0849
The Beatrice Martinez Senior Center has been a vital force in our community. It is our mission to provide daily programs featuring meals, activities, exercise, and companionship. As a focal point for activities for older persons in our community it is our responsibility to be a highly visible, non-threatening place that offers a range of quality programming to all older adults.
Nutritious home cooked meals are served Monday thru Thursday 11:45 to 1pm. On Friday breakfast is served from 8:30-10am.
• Non-Seniors (age 54-Under) pay $5.00 for meals.
• Seniors 55 and older pay $2.00 for meals.
Transportation is provided to registered senior citizens residing in the City of Espanola or a 10 mile radius thereof. The center strives to meet all ADA requirements in the transporting of senior citizens and handicapped persons.
• Daily bingo from 10:30-11:45am Monday thru Thursday and on Fridays from 10:00-11:30am.
• Board Games such as Yahtzee, Chess, cards and much more are available for daily use.
• Wii Bowling tournaments every Wednesday at 1:00 pm.
• "Paint your nails pretty party" every Wednesday from 9:00-11:00 am.
• Other holiday activities include events such as Egg Coloring Contest, "Trim the Tree & Cookies", Halloween Costume
Contest, "Show your Spirit Week" Football Fans, Wear Pink & Red in February.
• Ceramics is done on Tuesday at 2:00pm and Thursday at 11:00am.
• Dances are held for special events and holidays.
• Field Trips are scheduled monthly. The following is a list of trips taken this year:
∗ Santa Fe Movie Day-monthly
∗ NM High School State Tournaments-Annually
∗ Feast Days- San Juan, Santa Clara, Cochiti, Santo Domingo, Jemez Pueblo-Annually
∗ Pinion picking-Annually when available
∗ Hopewell Fishing- Annually
∗ Summer Picnic-Annually
∗ NM State Fair-Annually
∗ Española & Pojoaque Farmers Market-weekly during season
∗ Apple Fest-Dixon & Cochiti-Annually
∗ Cripple Creek, Co. and Laughlin, NV Casino & Resort trips- Annually
∗ Mariachi Fest at Los Volcanes Senior Center-Annually
For more information on activities/ trips call Tracy Naranjo, Activities Coordinator at (505) 747-6079
Presentations are done monthly. The following is a list of presentations held this year:
• Alzheimer’s Group meets every 3rd Thursday of the month from 1:00-3:00pm
• Healthcare Part C
• US Department of Labor
• AARP-"Grandparents raising grand kids"
• Commission for the Blind
• Mind & Movement for people with Diabetes
• Legal Services Information
• Hearing Impaired
• Health Care Reform Information
For more information on Presentations call Josephine Velasquez, Director at (505) 747-6027
Senior Fitness Facility is open 5 days a week from 8:00am-4:00pm.
• Fitness Classes consist of Stretching & Tone, Strength & Balance and Core Exercises.
• Classes are held daily from 11:30-noon when fitness center is open.
|© 2010 - 2015 City of Española. All rights reserved.|